The INSTRuCT Network has been created to conduct small and large clinical trials and research studies to advance acute stroke treatment, stroke prevention, and recovery and rehabilitation following a stroke. This network of 27 regional centers across India involves 27 hospitals and is designed to serve as the infrastructure and pipeline for exciting new potential treatments for patients with stroke and those at risk for stroke.
In addition, INSTRuCT will provide an educational platform for stroke physicians and clinical trial coordinators.
- To create an Indian Stroke Clinical Trial Network (INSTRuCT)
- To conduct simple pharmacological and non-pharmacological stroke clinical trials in our country
What the proposed Indian Stroke Clinical Trial network wants to achieve in the next 5 years?
- Develop a world-class health infrastructure for carrying out stroke trials in India
- Develop a portfolio of stroke trials in the areas of prevention, acute care, rehabilitation and chronic care.
- Work with professional, industry, academic and funding bodies (within and outside the country) to enhance and increase Indian stroke clinical trials.